Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pimento Cheese Spread - Yankee Version

As a born and bred Yankee I didn't grow up on pimento cheese.  The first time that I heard about it was during the Masters this year and from one of my favorite blogs Plain Chicken.
I was searching the internet yesterday to find a pimento cheese recipe and found many variations.  Below is my version of a pimento cheese spread.  I call it...Yankee Pimento Cheese.

1/2 brick of cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1 jar of pimentos (drained)
1 scallion, finely chopped
dash of garlic powder
dash of pepper

Blend cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.  Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise with remaining ingredients.
It is best served after being refrigerated for at least 30 minutes. It tastes even better the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment