Sunday, June 9, 2013

Beer Cheese Dip

ü  2 - 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
ü  1 - 8oz carton of sour cream
ü  1/2 - 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
ü  1/2 cup beer (I used Blue Moon)
ü  2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
ü  2 green onions tops, chopped

1.   Combine first four ingredients and mix until desired consistency. 
2.   Stir in remaining ingredients.
3.   It is best if refrigerated overnight.

My favorite dippers to serve this with: Snyder's Pretzel Snaps, Pepperidge Farm Cracker Favorites, Baby Carrots and Celery.

Notes: The original recipe did not call for sour cream.  I found that a whole package of the dry ranch dressing mix too powerful so I added the sour cream and got the desired consistency and taste I was looking for.  It reminds me of an appetizer that I have at our favorite wine and beer bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment